Δευτέρα 31 Μαρτίου 2008

Well, here we are... First contact...

This is the official blog about Hellenic Metal, which I actually had in mind for many years now. You may wonder, who says it's the official? Well, I do... After all I've never seen anything like it thoughout the years (maybe because it's a really huge project for anyone to make it real).

So here are a few words about this blog and its philosophy: first of all -and to avoid misunderstandings- I am just a metalhead. No fanzine behind me, no label, no distro, no band etc. Just a fan, who's been watching rather closely the course of Hellenic Metal through time. A course that gives many memories, both pleasant and bitter. My wish is to make this blog exactly as I would like to read it; only a few words, a short description plus info, some comments perhaps and of course some music for you to get the idea. It's obvious that I write everything in greek. The english translations will come up in the future and really slow. Till then, I believe that the sounds of each band will make a good first contact between you and the bands. Notice that I always put contact or other internet info if available, so don't hesitate to contact the bands! Furthermore, please don't send me requests for sending you stuff. Come into my posistion and think that it's completely impossible to answer yes to all of you. If you're really interested in something, just give it a search, sweat a little bit as we used to do back in the 80s (where there was no internet or free information to make out lives easier). Oh, by the way I do not upload either: needs time and I don't have that much, so I prefer to give it to the bands.

Do have in mind some other things as well:
-in the future I will start some interview-stuff with people who really have something to say about Helleninc Metal. This thing will be really interesting I think.
-a forum will come soon. There will be a full english section for discussions in there. Just be patient.
-almost all of the links (on the right) are in english and more or less they all have to do with the Hellenic Metal scene. Just check 'em out.

If a link or a song doesn't work, just mention it and I 'll see what I can do about it. Infos about bands will be mostly taken either from myspace or from metal archives. That goes for photos too. Other stuff -when not mentioned- comes from my personal archive. I mention this because it doesn't really make any difference where all this stuff comes from and my purpose is to write and not to just search in the net, so I try to save some time.

So, till the time you see the first translations (for which as I said you must be really patient) make yourself comfortable here, listen to the music and get in touch with the bands... By the way, when a translation comes you will see it in the updates (on the right).

And don't forget to support Underground Metal of your area. It's much more precious than you can even imagine... \m/

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: